every year, SoMMA comes up with a camp book chock-full of our best memories. So, without further adieu, here is the 2000 SoMMA Camp Book, internet version!
Southern Maine Music Academy
2000 Camp Book
"You can't fail Band Camp."
"What are you all about?"
"I am the Magical Reed Fairy."
"In the book of good things and bad things..."
I'm going to catch me a seagull."
"Drowning is a strike!"
"The skate rental guy gets a strike!"
"The girl with the hair."
"The sunrise is at 23."
"Flutes and Piccolo very godd. Oboes that was very, very bad."
"I can watch him like TV."
"I've got a hole in my chest."
"You're in my bubble."
"My favorite flavor is blue."
"That was my nickname in the Marines."
"Alan is whacked."
"Look behind you!"
" I have jazz band." -"I'm sure you can cure that with penicillin."
"You can't fail band camp."
"I play the radio."
"It's go time."
"That's a little sketchy."
"There are spies EVERYWHERE!"
Watching the people swim in the cafeteria aquarium
Kris' Brownie Sundaes
The Barefoot Ensemble- "You'll recognize this." "Yeah Right."
The Phantom Goat
A real Potato Coolata
Popsicles and Ice Cream- They taste good
People call me Mr. T
Ultimate Frisbee "Go short, go short." "NO more Bombs!"
A trip down the hill
Dr. Martin's train analogy
Liz stepping on a party horn
Oliver Sudden- "Music for mature audiences only."
The peanut Gallery
Just don't look at Derrick
The Skipper crushing Gilligan.
Laura's Hunting Mallets
Bum Bum Bum Bum Bum Bum Bum
Water balloon fight
WSAM Nothing but Sam. All day, all night.
Walkie Talkies that don't really work.
IN THE BOOK OF
Good Things and BAD THINGS
Not giving campers keys to the dorm - BAD THING
Brownie ice cream sundaes - GOOD THING
Soccer girls eating all the ice cream - BAD THING
"We will be dining on the patio this evening" - GOOD THING
Skating on the hottest day of camp - GOOD THING
No ice skate rentals - BAD THING
Taco night - GOOD THING
Morning after Taco Night - BAD THING
Beach Day - GOOD THING
Not wearing enough "Sun block" - BAD THING
Potato Bar - GOOD THING
Pat missing Potato Bar - BAD THING
Italian sanwiches from Amato's - GOOD THING
Amato's closing at 10pm - BAD THING
Water Balloon fight - GOOD THING
Carl getting Laura soaked while trying to fill th water balloons - BAD THING
Hunting Mallets - GOOD THING
Pat hiding the Hunting Mallets on Laura - BAD THING
TOP 10 THINGS TO USE TO PROP OPEN THE DORM DOORS
10. A bunch of Butterflies and Bees
8. A Pizza Box
7. Chris Belanger's Smelly Sandals
6. Trumpet Mutes (if we can find any)
4. That Pesky Phantom Goat
3. The Chief's Sousaphone
2. A Tub of Water Balloons
1. Monkey Doormen from York's Wild Kingdom
In Honor of this being Pat Bragdon's Tenth year as a counselor, we present to you...
TOP 10 REASONS WHY PAT KEEPS COMING BACK TO CAMP YEAR AFTER YEAR
10. Yet another week where he can sport those purple pants
9. Beach day. So he can wear the infamous Hawaiian shirt.
8. All the Potato Coolatas you can drink
7. Pat gets to continue working on his window etiquitte dissertation
6. Pat gets to sell more of his patented velcro percussion gloves
5. Cafeteria food beats bachelor fare
4. Moving percussion equipment saves membership fees at those expensive county fitness clubs
3. Pat gets to try out Portland's hottest new Potato Bar
2. Pat is guaranteed to get yet another camp shirt to add to his ever-growing collection
1. Pat gets to spend a whole week with Laura.
Last Year's Camp Book